Field Research Internship
The Field Research Intern will support Elemental Enzymes Field Team by applying, maintaining, and harvesting field and greenhouse trials. The Field Research Intern must possess excellent communication and organization skills. Applicants should be pursuing a BS degree in biology, chemistry, plant science, botany, agriculture, or have a background in farming.
Openings: There are six openings for this position.
Position Duration: April – August, (flexible start and end dates)
• Assist in the setup, maintenance, and data collection of the Elemental Enzymes field trial program.
• Report accurate plant measurements.
• Accurately note and report the progress of field and greenhouse trials.
• Assist with machine and hand planting of field and greenhouse trials.
• Assist in applying fertilizer, foliar applications and other treatments in the field.
• Assist in the collection of fall/harvest data and crop sample gathering.
• Work with the Agronomy Managers to collect and analyze data captured from drone images.
• There will be several multi-day trips to yield trial locations around the Midwest with a team of field researchers.
• Additional responsibilities may be added at the discretion of management.
• Flexible summer schedule; availability for multi-day trips to yield trial locations may be required.
• Completed introductory science courses, or have some experience with field research or operations.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Must be detail-oriented and able to accurately record data.
• Physically able to work in the field (stand for long periods of time, crouch, bend, and endure working in summer heat).
• Able to lift and carry at least 50 lbs.
• Must have a valid driver’s license.
• Must be able to lift, crouch, stand, kneel, work for extended periods of time, and handle external environmental conditions such as heat, rain, wind, etc.
Elemental Enzymes, Columbia, MO, United States
Part-Time/Regular/ Hourly/ Non-Exempt
About Elemental Enzymes
Elemental Enzymes Ag and Turf is a life sciences company that discovers, develops and produces innovative products to increase crop yields. Elemental Enzymes was founded in 2011 on technology to make and stabilize novel enzymes and has grown to address the agriculture market with enzyme and chemical technologies that have an “outside in” approach to address crop needs. Elemental Enzymes is delivering world-class products to top agricultural companies through license and sales opportunities. We are looking for energetic, challenge-driven staff to continue support of current products and lead its innovative pipeline to market.
Please email a cover letter and CV/resume with the Subject Line: Field Research Internship to [email protected]. References required upon request.